Nov 22, 2019

Knitting Pattern for Lotti's Cowl

In October I went to Rhinebeck. While there I found yarn that I wanted to use for this Lotti's Cowl.
In summer I was looking through some magazines and found an add for a fashion company.  I loved the colorful image and wanted to create something similar. I was looking for yarn, and while in Rhinebeck I saw Miss Babs Mad Hatter. It reminded me of that colorful image and I started to hold together three skeins of yarns. The Mad Hatter with two skeins of either white, blacks, and various greys to see what worked best. After some time I decided that I really liked the soft grey of Fleur de Sol and decided to splurge on this yarn.
Miss Babs yarn

This past Friday I CO for the cowl. I have combined two of my previous knitting patterns for Brioche stitch and created a sort of new pattern by using three skeins of DK weight yarn held together.
The two patterns I previously published are:
Calypso Dream Cowl
Brie's Cowl

Here is the pattern that is a combination of the two patterns. In the picture you can see the image from a magazine I used as my inspiration. I don't remember what magazine it was from.
Lotti's Cowl

Lotti's Cowl
written by Stana D. S.

Finished Measurements: 54" (137 cm) circumference x 8.5" (21.5 cm) high.

Yarn: Miss Babs Yowza (100 Superwash Merino Wool; 560 yards / 512 meters per 225 g / 8 oz) 1 hank of Mad Hatter, 2 hanks of Fleur de Sol.

Recommended Needle Size: Circular Needles 29" US 10.5 / 6.5 mm.

Notions: Yarn needle, scissors, stich marker

Abbreviations: 
K = knit
Ktog Sl st YO = knit together slipped stitch and yarn over
P = purl
Ptog Sl st YO = purl together slipped stitch and yarn over
R = round
Sl st = slipped stitch
YO = yarn over

Note: This cowl is knit in brioche stitch in the rounds with yarn held triple.

Gauge: 10 sts & 28 rows = 4" (10 cm) in brioche stitch.

Instructions: 
With the yarn held triple and circular needles Cast on 140 sts, using the long tail cast on. Place stitch marker on the first stitch and begin working in the round.

Set up Round: * K1, Sl st YO; repeat from * around.
R 1: *Sl st YO, Ptog Sl st YO; repeat from * around
R 2: *Ktog Sl st YO, Sl st YO; repeat from * around
R 3 - 60: Repeat Rounds 1 and 2.
Bind off in K1 and P1 pattern, include with the K1 the YO as well.

Finishing: 
Weave in ends, wash and block to measurements.

No comments:

Post a Comment